Article 1.1. Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between this Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. And any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
2. In the casa when the Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
Application for Accommodation Contracts
Article 2.1. A Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Hotel shall notify the Hotel of the following particulars:
(1) Name of the Guest(s);
(2) Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival;
(3) Accommodation Charges (based, in principle, on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in the Attached Table No. 1.)
The Guest seeking accommodation may have to notify the payment method (cash or credit) in advance when using the accommodation plans set by the Hotel or on specified days.
(4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel
2. In the casa when the Guest requests, during his stay, extension of the accommodation beyond the date in subparagraph (2) of the preceding Paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such request is made.
Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.
Article 3.1. A Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply where it has been proved that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
2. When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit fixed by the Hotel within the limits of Basic Accommodation Charges covering the Guest's entire period of stay (3 days when the period of stay exceeds 3 days) by the date specified by the Hotel.
3. The deposit shall be first used for the Total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest, then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article 6 and thirdly for the reparations under Article 18 as applicable, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the Accommodation
Charges as stated in Article 12.
4. When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in Paragraph 2, the Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, the same shall apply only in the case where the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel when the period of payment of the deposit is specified.
Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit
Article 4.1. Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Hotel may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
2. In the case when the Hotel has not requested the payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/or has not specified the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be treated as that the Hotel has accepted a special contract prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
Refusal of Accommodation Contracts
Article 5.1. The Hotel may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases:
(1) When the application for accommodation does not conform to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
(2) When the Hotel is fully booked and no room is available:
(3)When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself in a manner the will contravene the laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to his accommodation;
When the conditions stated below are applicable to the Guest seeking accommodation
a) A gang defined in Article 2 Act 2 of Act on Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group Members (Act No. 77 of 1991), gangster defined in Act 6, associate member of a gang or anyone related to other kinds of antisocial forces
b) Any organizations, corporations and association controlled by directly or indirectly by a gang and/or gangster
c) Corporations and/or companies with a board member belonging to a gang
(5) When it is detected that any organizations, corporations and associations seeking accommodation are controlled directly or indirectly by a gang and/or gangster.
(6) When detected that corporations and/or companies seeking accommodation have a Director belonging to a gang.
(7) When the Guest seeking accommodation threatens with violence and requests unreasonable and/or unjust demands concerning accommodation.
(8) When the Guest seeking accommodation threatens with violence and requests unreasonable and/or unjust demands against the hotel and its staff, or when the hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden, and is deemed by the hotel that they have conducted such threat and violence in the past.
(9) When the Guest seeking accommodation can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease.
Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest
Article 6.1. The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by so notifying the Hotel.
2. In the case when the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable (except in the case when the Hotel has requested the payment of the deposit during the specified period as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest has cancelled before the payment), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the Attached Table No. 2. However, in the case when a special contract as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 4 has been concluded the same shall apply only when the Guest is informed of the obligation of the payment of the cancellation charges in case of cancellation by the Guest.
3. In the case when the Guest does not appear by 8:00 p.m. of the accommodation date (2 hours after the expected time of arrival if the Hotel is notified of it) without an advance notice, the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Hotel
Article 7.1. The Hotel has the right to cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases:
(1) When the Guest is deemed liable to have conducted and/or is conducting himself in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against public order and good morals in regard to his accommodation, and, when detected and confirmed that he has committed such manner.
(2) When the conditions stated below are applicable to Guest seeking accommodation.
a) A gang, gangster, associate member of a gang or anyone related to other kinds of antisocial forces
b) Any organizations, corporations and association controlled by directly or indirectly by a gang and/or gangster
c) Corporations and/or companies with a board member belonging to a gang
(3) When the Guest seeking accommodation verbally abuses other guests.
(4) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable for what he says and does and how he conducts himself, whilst in a manner of drunken state that will cause trouble and/or irritate other staying guests.
(5) When the Guest seeking accommodation threatens with violence and requests unreasonable and/or unjust demands concerning accommodation.
(6) When it is detected that any organizations, corporations and associations seeking accommodation are controlled directly or indirectly by a gang and/or gangster.
(7) When the Guest seeking accommodation causes trouble for other guests by being heavily-intoxicated. When he or she verbally abuses other guests.
(8) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable for what he says and does in a manner that will cause trouble and/or irritate other staying guests.
(9) When the provisions of Article 14 of Tokyo Metropolitan Ordinance are applicable.
(10) When the guest does not observe and follow the prohibitions of the 'Use Regulations' stipulated by the Hotel.
(11) When the Guest does not observe and follow prohibited actions such as, smoking in bed, mischief to fire-fighting facilities and other prohibitions of the 'Use Regulations' stipulated by the Hotel (restricted to particulars deemed necessary in order to avoid the cause of fires).
2. In the case when the Hotel has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall not be entitled to charge the Guest for any of the services in the future during the contractual period which he has not received.
Article 8.1. The Guest shall register the following particulars at the front desk of the Hotel on the day of accommodation.
(1) Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest(s);
(2) Except Japanese, nationality, passport number, port and date of entry in Japan;
(3) Date and estimated time of departure.
(4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
2. In the case when the Guest intends to pay his Accommodation Charges prescribed in Article 12 by any means other than Japanese currency, such as traveler's checks, coupons or credit cards, these credentials shall be shown in advance at the time of the registration prescribed in the preceding paragraph.
Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms
Article 9.1. The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel from 13:00 to 11:00 the next morning. However, in the case when the Guest is accommodated continuously, the Guest may occupy it all day long, except for the days of arrival and departure.
2. The Hotel may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the preceding Paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy the room beyond the time prescribed in the same Paragraph. In this case, extra charges shall be paid as follows:
(1) Up to 3 hours: one third of the room charge
(2) Up to 6 hours: one half of the room charge
(3) More than 6 hours: room charge in full
Observance of Use Regulations
Article 10. 1. The Guest shall observe the Use Regulation established by the Hotel which is posted within the premises of the Hotel.
Article 11. 1. The business hours of this hotel's main facilities etc. are as follows, and those of other facilities, etc., shall be notified in detail by brochures as provided, notices displayed in each place, service directories in guest rooms and others.
(1) Service hours of front desk, cashier's desk, etc.
(a) Closing time Not specified
(b) Front service 24 hours
(c) Exchange service 24 hours
(2) Service Hours for dining and drinking (at facilities): refer to the brochure
(3) Service hours of auxiliary facilities.
Laundry service Acceptable 24 hours
(Check acceptance and finish time with "Laundry Service")
Parking 24 hours
2. The business hours specified in the preceding Paragraph are subject to temporary changes due to unavoidable causes of the Hotel. In such a case, the Guest shall be informed by appropriate means.
Payment of Accommodation Charges
Article 12. The breakdown of the Accommodation Charges, etc. that the Guest shall pay is as listed in the Attached Table No.1.
2. Accommodation Charges, etc. as stated in the preceding Paragraph shall be paid with Japanese currency or by any means other than Japanese currency such as traveler's checks, coupons or credit cards recognized by the Hotel at the front desk at the time of the departure of the Guest or upon request by the Hotel.
3. Accommodation Charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities provided for him by the Hotel and are at his disposal.
Liabilities of the Hotel
Article 13. 1. The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage if the hotel has caused such damage to the Guest in the fulfillment or the no fulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply in case where such damage has been caused due to reasons for which the Hotel is not liable.
2. The Hotel is covered by the Hotel Liability Insurance in order to deal with unexpected fire and/or other disasters.
Handling When Unable to Provide Contracted Room
Article 14. 1. The Hotel shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
2. When arrangement of other accommodation cannot be made notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to the reparations. However, when the Hotel cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which the Hotel is not liable, the Hotel shall not compensate the Guest.
Handling of Deposited Articles
Article 15. 1. The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused to the goods, cash or valuables deposited at the front desk by the Guest, except in the case when this has occurred due to causes of force majeure. However, for cash and valuables, when the Hotel has requested the Guest to report its kind and value but the Guest has failed to do so, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest within the limits of 150,000 yen.
2. The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused, through intention or negligence on the part of the Hotel to the goods, cash or valuables which are brought into the premises of the Hotel by the Guest but are not deposited at the front desk. However, for articles of which the kind and value has not been reported in advance by the Guest, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest within the limits of 150,000 yen.
Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of the Guest
Article 16. 1. When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Hotel before his arrival, the Hotel shall be liable to keep it only in the case when such a request has been accepted by the Hotel. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the front desk at the time of his check-in.
2. When the baggage or belongings of the Guest is found left after his check-out, and the ownership of the article is confirmed, the hotel shall inform the owner of the article left and ask for further instructions. When no instruction is given to the Hotel by the owner or when the ownership is not confirmed, the hotel shall keep the article for 7 days including the day it is found, and after this period, the Hotel shall turn over the cash and valuable to the nearest police station.
3. The hotel's liability in regard to the custody of the Guest's baggage and belongings in the case of the preceding two Paragraphs shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1 or the preceding Article in the case of Paragraph 1, and with the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the same Article in the case of Paragraph 2.
Liability in regard to Parking
Article 17. 1. The Hotel shall not be liable for the custody of the vehicle of the Guest when the Guest utilizes the parking lot within the premises of the Hotel, as it shall be regarded that the Hotel simply offers the space for parking, whether the key of the vehicle has been deposited to the Hotel or not. However, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Hotel in regard to the management of the parking lot.
Liability of the Guest
Article 18. 1. The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for the damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Guest.
Meals, Drinks and Other Expenses
Service Charge (×10%)
a. Consumption Tax
b. Tokyo Metropolis hotel Tax
Remarks: 1. Basic Accommodation Charge (Room Charge) listed at the Reception desk.
Attached Table No.2
Cancellation Charge for Hotels.(Ref. Paragraph 2 of Article 6.)
Date when Cancellation of Contract is Notified
1 Day Prior to Accommodation Day
9 Days Prior to Accommodation Day
20 Days Prior to Accommodation Day
Contracted Number of Guests
1 to 14
15 to 99
100 and more
1. The percentage signifies the rate of cancellation charge to the Basic Accommodation Charges.
2. When the number of days contracted is shortened, cancellation charge for its first day shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
3. When part of a group booking (for 15 persons or more) is cancelled, the cancellation charge shall not be charged for the number of persons equivalent to 10% of the number of persons booked as of 10 days prior to the occupancy (When accepted less than 10 days prior to the occupancy, as of the date) with fractions counted as a whole number.
4. The regulation for the cancellation fee for educational travels is stated separately.
5. When some of the special plans and reservations on specified days are processed with credit card transactions in advance, and are cancelled, 30 days or more prior to the date of arrival shall incur 30% of the accommodation fee, less than 8 days prior to the date of arrival shall incur a 100% charge, and there are no refunds for "no shows".
Terms of Service
In order to maintain the standards of the Sapporo View Hotel Oodori Kouen, guests of the hotel are requested to observe the following rules in accordance with the "Provisions Governing Accommodation Agreements, Article 10".
The Hotel reserves the right, to terminate a guest's stay at the hotel in the event that any of the following rules are violated.
1. The use of any electrical appliances (such as hot plates, irons, etc), other than those provided by hotel, is not permitted.
2. Smoking in bed, or other places where fires are apt to occur, is not permitted.
3. The following articles may not be brought into the hotel;
a ) Animals, birds, etc. *Except guide dogs, hearing dogs and assistance dogs
b ) Articles with offensive odors.
c ) Explosive and flammable items, such as gunpowder, gasoline, etc.
d ) Illegally owned guns and swords.
4. Creating a disturbance which annoys other guests and gambling are not permitted in the hotel.
5. Meeting with visitors is not permitted in guest rooms.
6. The lobby, or the guest rooms, is not to be used as showrooms or as business offices.
7. Distributing advertising materials to other guests in the hotel is not permitted.
8. Ordering meals and drinks which must be delivers from outside the hotel is not permitted.
9. Articles and laundry left in the hotel will be kept up to six months if no advance notice or forwarding address has been provided. After that time, the articles will be disposed of as required by Civil Law.
10. Rules Regarding Equipment and Fixtures on the Premises.
a ) Refrain from using equipment and fixtures for purposes other than intended.
b ) Please do not take equipment of fixtures out of the hotel.
c ) Removal of equipment or fixtures is prohibited.
11. Use of hotel rooms for purposes other than lodging are not permitted.
12. The taking of photographs for commercial purposes or which annoys other guests is not permitted within the hotel site and buildings.
1. Please pay your bill when you check out or when presented with a bill for payment.
2. Only one receipt will be prepared for each room. If two persons are staying in a room and want separate receipts, they are requested to notify the cashier to that effect as early as possible.
3. If there is anything unclear about payments, please do not hesitate to inquire of our Cashier at the Front Desk.
4. You are kindly requested not to go out of your room in a Yukata or slippers.
5. To protect your cash and valuables (except antiques and art objects), please utilize the safety box of the Cashier at the Front Desk. The Management will not accept responsibility for loss of such items not deposited in the safety box.
Street Address / Contact Information:
Sapporo View Hotel Oodori Kouen
8-Chōme Chūō-ku Odori Nishi, Sapporo-shi, Hokkai-dō 060-0042